Monday, April 7, 2014

#1 Suggested Research Method/Why

For my fourth quarter project, I want to experience the discrimination from the other side by conducting a naturalistic observation in which I subject myself to these "criticisms." I have always been one to stand up to those who put down the way in which others express themselves, but I have never really been on the side where the finger is pointed. To do this experiment, I will cover as much of my arms/body as I can with fake/henna tattoos and place myself in different settings. I will go to grocery stores, the mall, restaurants, anywhere I can, and record the results (how long did it take for me to be served/helped? was I given any strange looks? did people stare or point or whisper? etc.) I would really like to experience this first hand in order to help others tackle the problem themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment